Skip to main content
You are the owner of this article.
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
Identity of Gering woman killed in Dec. 17 fire released

Identity of Gering woman killed in Dec. 17 fire released

One dead in Gering fire

Gering Fire Department mopping up a house fire in Gering on R Street on Dec. 17. GFD Chief Nathan Flowers said a body was discovered inside.

The cause of death of a Gering woman in a Dec. 17 fire has been determined to be due to smoke inhalation.

Scotts Bluff County Attorney Dave Eubanks confirmed that Marjorie McClure, 73, died in the fire.

Last week, an investigator with the Nebraska State Fire Marshal’s Office said the fire, which occurred at McClure’s residence in the 1200 block of R Street, had been ruled as accidental in nature.

The fire has been determined to have been caused by smoking materials, Adam Matzner, chief investigator with the Nebraska State Fire Marshal’s Office said last week.

Gering Fire Chief Nathan Flowers said the department hadn’t had a fatal fire in the community since the 1950s.

Sign up for our Crime & Courts newsletter

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

Trending

Breaking News