More than 400 runners participated in the four events that make up the Monument Marathon. Over the years, the marathon has raised more than $450,000 to help fund student scholarships at WNCC.
“The purpose of Branch Out is to give sixth grade students the chance to benefit from the expertise, knowledge and passion of a number of local agencies that work with trees on a regular basis,” David Griess, professional learning coordinator for ESU 13, said.
The award is given to a local leader in the mental or physical health fields who goes above and beyond in their duties. It was first awarded in 2019 to honor a Panhandle Worksite Wellness Council advisory committee member who died from cancer.
Blomstedt, who lives in Central City, has led the Nebraska Department of Education since 2014 after a stint as the executive director of the Nebraska Educational Service Unit Coordinating Council.
Training for Saturday’s Monument Marathon allowed one Gering family to reconnect each morning and a Gering woman to build up her stamina after suffering an injury. The trials and tribulations of runners training for the marathon vary, but they all fight through adversity to be prepared come …
There's a big game Friday night. But ratings and districts, in the grand scheme of things, won't mean all that much to two of York's key figures.
Lincoln will receive 90% of the revenue from beer sales during Husker basketball games, while the University of Nebraska will receive the remaining 10%.
Burke High School is using a new strategy this year to improve student attendance. Students with over three unexcused absences won't be allowed to attend the homecoming dance next month.
Several students from ESU 13’s Meridian School got a firsthand look at what being a police officer is like Monday, Sept. 19.
Does your family cringe when they hear, “Want to play a game of chess with me?” Here is your chance to try out your chess skills on someone new. Pros and newbie players alike are welcome to gather at the Gering Library on September 29 from 6:30-7:30 for a friendly game of chess.
Regents could approve the sale of alcohol during Husker games at Pinnacle Bank Arena, but the change would not effect Memorial Stadium, Haymarket Park or the Devaney Sports Center.
Nearly 95% of the roughly 245,600 Nebraskans who have student loan debt would be eligible for forgiveness under the Biden administration's plan.
“I think UNL was ready for its first Black student body president, but I don’t think ASUN and certain individuals in it were ready," one former student senator said.
Gering Public Schools staff learned about how to better support students who are processing trauma during a Trauma-Informed School In-service training Monday.
Check out our best Omaha staff photos & videos of September 2022
The 11th annual Platte Valley Companies’ Monument Marathon has events for the entire community to enjoy, even if you have not registered to be a runner or walker.
James Kvaal, deputy undersecretary at the U.S. Department of Education, told students at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln more action is planned to ensure a college education is accessible and affordable.
For the first time ever, Gering hosted the Nebraska Speech, Communication, Theater Association convention Sept. 15-17. The gathering at the town’s Civic Center was the first time the annual fall convention had been held west of North Platte.
Music and laughter came from the Scottsbluff High School auditorium Friday, Sept. 16, during a clinic and rehearsal by a nationally known ensemble.
The Gering Public Schools Board of Education reviewed a spending plan approaching $40 million but without any property tax increase at its annual budget hearing this week.
The West Nebraska Arts Center has two opportunities for young artists: Ed Wards Project and After-School Art Program. These classes began earlier this month, but spots are still available.
Two area colleges say they have higher student enrollment for the fall 2022 semester than a year ago. Chadron State College reported a 3% increase and Western Nebraska Community College reported a 12% increase.
While it might seem that polarization over vaccination policies began with COVID, the split along party lines actually began before that, a Creighton researcher says.
The Western Community College Area board of governors convened for a budget hearing Wednesday, Sept. 14.
The claims — made by a former school psychologist who said she spoke to those in attendance — alleged a speaker promoted increased sexual activity among students.
Western Governors University (WGU), a nonprofit, fully online university, and Western Nebraska Community College (WNCC) announced a new joint partnership that will provide students graduating with their associate degrees from WNCC with an affordable pathway to continue their education and ea…
The Gering High School aviation program is soaring to new heights with the recent installation of an advanced flight simulator.