Skip to main content
You are the owner of this article.
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
Fire damages Gering home, family displaced

Fire damages Gering home, family displaced

Fire damages Gering home, family displaced

Firefighters assess the damage from a fire at a residence at 200 Kimball Avenue in Gering Sunday. The resident was not at home at the time of the fire.

A fire caused extensive damage to a residence on Kimball Drive in Gering late Sunday afternoon.

Dispatchers reported the home, in the 200 block of Kimball Drive, to be fully engulfed in flames at 4:18 p.m. Crews from Gering, Scottsbluff and Scotts Bluff Rural Fire Departments were on scene along with Valley Ambulance and Gering Police Department.

The occupant of the home was not at home at the time of the fire. Firefighter Ministry is assisting the occupant, a woman, and her two children, Carissa Schank, of Firefighter Ministry, told the Star-Herald.

A cat reportedly perished in the fire despite resuscitation efforts by firefighters.

A fire caused extensive damage to a residence on Cox Drive in Gering late Sunday afternoon, displacing a woman and her two children.

Get local news delivered to your inbox!

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Reporter

Mark McCarthy is a reporter with the Star-Herald and oversees the Gering Courier as editor. He can be reached at 308-632-9049 or via email at mark.mccarthy@starherald.com.

Related to this story

Most Popular

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

Trending

Breaking News